The Young Professionals Board
WHO WE ARE
The First Tee Young Professionals is a network of active Greater Baltimore Young Professionals dedicated to the mission of The First Tee. The Young Professionals Board supports The First Tee of Greater Baltimore through fundraising, volunteer efforts, and by broadening awareness in the Greater Baltimore area.
- Be a young professional (age 25-40) living in the Greater Baltimore area
- Serve as an ambassador for the First Tee of Greater Baltimore mission and programs
- Contribute annual membership fee of $100.00 (tax deductible) due by April 1st each year
- Volunteer for a minimum of 8 program or administrative hours per year
- Attend Young Professionals socials and planning meetings throughout the year
- Each member is asked to raise at least $250.00 annually through personal sponsorships (not including the Young Professionals Board Tournament)
WHAT WE DO
Spend time with our youth and serve as mentors or program volunteers. This allows us to keep our instructional costs down and gives our participants the opportunity to interact with successful young professionals in the area.
Social, networking and fundraising events will drive the success of both The First Tee of Greater Baltimore and the Young Professionals Board. The group meets every other month with on going opportunities to get involved that fits the young professionals schedule.
Our success depends largely on the number of people that we are able to attract to our program. We hope that you will serve as advocates for us and encourage others to join. We also depend on our young members to engage on social media to widen our reach to the Baltimore community.
Each year the committee executes a fundraising event at the end of the golf season. Members are also encouraged to reach out to their employers, as many have matching gift programs. All donations are 100% tax deductible.